Knowledge is Speed!
"The Swim Smart download-ables are a MUST have for each swim coach. Whether you’re an experience veteran, or a bright-eyed new starter—these free tools are a great template for any coach to build off of."
- Abbie Fish, Creator/Head Coach of Swim Like A. Fish
Imagine you just walked on deck for the first time as a head or assistant coach. What do you do now!?
- How do you control these kids and make them believe in their team and training?
- How do you structure and write workouts?
- How do you teach the strokes in a competitive way?
- How do you keep track of the yards in an organized way?
The answers are all available below!
- Season Planning and Periodization
- Planning a season is a valuable mental exercise for any coach. Here is a guideline and example of putting together a season from start to finish
- Includes the Senior Template
- Workout Templates
- All templates are 2-week cycles of structured workout plans that help lay the ground work for planning your training
- All include detailed explanations of drills and training intensities to focus each set on a defined goal
- Sample workouts included with calculated yards, time and stress scores
- Treat these as a guideline to build your own program with
- Novice (8 and unders)- Focus on training technique and kicking
- Age Group (9-12)- Focus on training for the race
- Senior/Distance (13+)- Focus on training zones
- Workout Progressions
- Over 300 workouts
- Each set has a Level 1, 2 and 3 version
- Structured by training zones
- Free/Fly kick and IM sets too
- Dryland Template
- Swimming focused with teachings about the Four main swimming motions and Four main training intensities
- Stretching explanations included
- A guide to what exercises should be done, when and how many sets/reps of each during different parts of the season
- A list of possible exercises for each swimming motion and training intensity to fit a variety of available equipment
- An entire 16 week sample is included
- Overtraining Monitor
- This uses the well researched and widely used Profile of Mood States questionnaire to quantify "stress"
- This monitor automatically calculates, graphs and tracks a swimmer's mood over the season which has a high correlation to overtraining
- Detailed explanations of how to interpret the numbers, what to do with them and references provided
- Training Tracker
- Write sets and track yards
- Automatically track types of training for the day, week and season
- Learn and change season to season
Meet Lineup Tracker
- Keep track of your athlete's events in high school meets
- Prevent over entering. Summarize events entered
- The Biology of Swimming PDF
- Our entire 324 page picture book in PDF
- Perfect for sharing with the team chapter by chapter or converting to Kindle format
- It's the only non-free download here, but many have asked us to bring it back!
- Click here for more details and the hard copy version
- Coach's Swim Clinic
- Improve your coaching ability with these tips/guidelines:
- Build a team everyone wants to be on
- Managing the Team
- Teaching/training the strokes
- Writing workouts
- Stroke Teaching Slides
A series of videos and PowerPoint slides that explains how to build up every complicated swimming stroke and motion from the ground up for competitive swimmers
- Every stroke can be broken down into a few key components
- Use a series of drills that focus on every component and lays a foundation for building and training a perfect stroke
- Website Documents
- Contains 11 essential documents to be posted on your website for all to see and use
- Parent Handbook
- Meet Info Guide
- Swimming Language Terms
- ... etc
Browse around and take a look at some of our other training tools that can help your swimmers crush their season!