Knowledge is Speed!
Training smart is not a way to avoid hard work... it is just another form of hard work! Learn to train, recover and plan smart with our Download-able teaching aides.
- The Biology of Swimming (PDF)
- Just like our print version, this is the full book with over 250 illustrations
Click here for complete details
- Novice/Age/Senior/Distance/Taper Workout Templates (Excel)
- All templates are 2-week cycles of structured workout plans that help lay the ground work for planning your training
- All include detailed explanations of drills and training intensities to focus each set on a defined goal
- Sample workouts included with calculated yards, time and stress scores
- Treat these as a guideline to build your own program with
- Novice (8 and unders)- Focus on training technique and kicking
- Age Group (9-12)- Focus on training for the race
- Senior/Distance (13+)- Focus on training zones
- Dryland Template (Excel)
- Swimming focused with teachings about the Four main swimming motions and Four main training intensities
- Stretching explanations included
- A guide to what exercises should be done, when and how many sets/reps of each during different parts of the season
- A list of possible exercises for each swimming motion and training intensity to fit a variety of available equipment
- An entire 16 week sample is included
- Overtraining Monitor (Excel) FREE!
- This uses the well researched and widely used Profile of Mood States questionnaire to quantify "stress"
- This monitor automatically calculates, graphs and tracks a swimmer's mood over the season which has a high correlation to overtraining
- Detailed explanations of how to interpret the numbers, what to do with them and references provided
- Training Trip Journal (Word) FREE!
- A 10 day training journal leading up to a 3 day mid-season meet
- Daily reflection questions and motivational quotes and perspectives
- Creating Goals (Power Point) FREE!
- Don't travel without knowing your destination
- A structured walk-through on how to create goals and motivational stories and quotes to guide you along the way
- Nutrition/Dryland Slides (PowerPoint) FREE!
- These go with our Nutrition talk video below
- Please use with your swimmers as you desire