Creating a team everyone wants to be on!
- Written by Swim Smart founders Karl and Mike
- Perfect for new coaches looking to make coaching their career
- A resource for head coaches wanting to help improve their assistants
- Directly applicable guidelines, tips and instruction
There is a big (and often unseen) gap between being a swimmer/swammer and a swim coach. This book aims to close the gap.
Between college, medical school, starting new clubs, inventing multiple products, starting multiple businesses, raising families… our experiences and mistakes come together to help you build your swim team.
This book is for new coaches looking to make a career in swimming and for head coaches looking for a resource to help bring up their assistants in a guided way.
Check out the accompanying Coach's Clinic Course if you prefer to listen and watch rather than read!
Samples from around the book.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Build a Team
- Why Focus on Team?
- Job Descriptions
- Coach's Job
- Swimmer's Job
- Parent's Job
- Part 2: Managing the Team
- Growing the Team
- Growing Swim Meets
- Team Organization
- Running Practice
- Coaching at Swim Meets
- Growing People
- Part 3: How to Teach the Strokes
- Part 4: How to Write Workouts
- What is the End Goal?
- Novice Group
- Age Group
- Senior Group
- Season Planning
- Dryland Training